Major Responsibilities / Essential Job Functions
Contact Us About Job Opportunities
- Communication skills -- ability to interact well with supervisors, tenants, owners, property managers, leasing agents, service providers and contractors.
- Read electrical drawings, schematics and blueprints.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, fixtures, and devices using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other devices and components.
- Fasten metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as multi-meters to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, lifts and roofs to install maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Lift, push, pull, and move moderately heavy objects.
- Possession of reliable transportation, driver license and the ability to be insured.
- Possession of basic electricians hand tools required.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and overtime.
- Must be able to work in all environments.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.